It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuscan Hills

          You might have seen such views many times in photos, in commercials, in the movies. They might have become stereotypes of the Italian countryside and might be over-used in visual communication. But experiencing first hand the beauty of these gentle hills, thoroughly shaped with cultivated fields broken only by lines of cypresses or characteristic villages, is always a breath-taking emotion. The view of the different shades of colors and patterns of the land; the smell of the grass, the soil and the golden wheat; the sound of the bumble bees flying in the low vegetation or the distant voice of the pheasant... everything surrounds you creating a magical environment that is communicating a very relaxing and peaceful feeling.


              29mm 1/200 sec f/10

              40mm 1/250 sec f/10

Sunset and dawn are certainly the best moments to pay a visit to the area of the Crete Senesi, south of Siena, to take photographs. And every time is different, depending from weather conditions, the season, the light, the way you frame the land. But if you are lucky, that will most likely be a very magical moment. It seems my senses are hit again by all those elements surrounding me, as I look at these photos again, remembering when we drove there to enjoy the sunset, last June.

             31mm 1/320 sec f/13

No comments:

Post a Comment